Gotham Steel pans are described being “ultra nonstick” and free from PFOA, PTFE, and PFOS. It is made of aluminum and has a ceramic coating that is supposed to keep foods from sticking to the pan.
In theory, the Gotham Steel pan is an excellent concept. The pan is supposed to keep foods from sticking. In fact, foods are supposed to slide right out of the pan after you have finished cooking them. Gotham Pans are also supposed to be rust proof and versatile. The product descriptions claim that the pans are versatile and can be used to cook foods in the oven, broiler, or on the stove. Also, the pan is dishwasher safe and easy to clean. These pans are supposed to be a great alternative other nonstick pans that contain Teflon. If you want to learn more about Gotham Steel pans, continue reading. We will discuss the cons and pros of purchasing and using the Gotham Steel pans.
How Do Gotham Steel Pans Work?
Do you want to how Gotham Steel pans work? We will tell you all about them! Gotham Steel pans are made of aluminum and they have a ceramic coating that is suppoesd to keep all foods and ingredients from sticking to the pan. The product advertisements claim that even burnt foods like eggs, cheese, and chocolate will slide out of the pan with ease. Gotham Steel pans are supposed to be a better, healthier alternative to pans that contain chemicals like Teflon.
In order to use the Gotham Steel pan, you are not supposed to have to do any prep work. This means, you should not have to use oil, sprays, or butter to keep foods from sticking to the pan. The ceramic coating is supposed to keep your foods from sticking on its own. When your food is finished cooking, the product advertisement claims that you can tilt the pan to the side and your food will slide right out with ease. Cleaning up the Gotham Steel pan is also supposed to be very easy. You can put it in the dishwasher or wash it out by hand.
Gotham Steel Advantages/Disadvantages
- The Gotham Pan is made from aluminum and it has a stainless steel handle
- The pan is rust proof
- The pan is very versatile and can be used in the oven, in the broiler, and on the stove
- Gotham Steel pans can be used in the oven up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- There are no PFOAs, PTFEs, and PFOS in the pan
- You can purchase the pan in several different sizes in order to accommodate your cooking needs
- Gotham pans can be safely washed in the dishwasher
- The price is good for this type of pan
- Foods heat evenly and thoroughly in Gotham Pans
- The handle of the pan is made from stainless steel and the base of the pan is made of aluminum
- The finish on the pan started peeling offer shortly some customers first began using the pan
- Some customers received pans that were scratched or dented
- Many customers complained that foods burnt onto the pan even when they used butter, oil, or sprays (please note that the promo ads for the pan claimed no greases/oils were necessary)
- Various foods had to be scrubbed out of the bottom of the pan despite the claims that ingredients would slide right out of the pan with ease
- The pans heat up very quickly which can cause foods to burn
Where to Purchase Gotham Steel pans
You can purchase the various sized Gotham Steel pan Amazon website. There, you will find information about what pan sizes are available to purchase. You can also price out the pans and determine which one best suits your budget.
Overall Assessment of Gotham Steel pans
Based on the Gotham Steel reviews on the Amazon page and our experience using it, we would not recommend this product. Unfortunately, we ultimately felt that the product does not do what it advertises. This is not the best non stick frying pan choice out there.
There are other green pans that do not contain Teflon or other harmful chemicals but actually do what they claim to do; ie: prevent foods and ingredients from sticking without the use of oils or greases. Additionally, many of these competing pans cost the same amount or less.
We found that foods such as eggs and cheese tended to stick to the cooking area and had to be soaked off in the sink. We also had to scrape and scour the pan.
Although the price is reasonable for the size of the pans, we believe this is not a good investment since the product does not do what it claims to do. When it comes to Gotham Steel pans, the cons outweigh the pros. We recommend that you check out the T-fal Total Nonstick Fry Pan instead. It costs about the same amount and is much more durable. Overall, we give the Gotham Steel pans a C-.