The cost of heating our home was really starting to get my husband and I down. Sure, we like to be comfortable, but each heating bill was higher than the last, and we weren’t sure how we were going to be able to fit this coming year’s bills into our budget. Of course the simple answer would have been to just heat certain rooms in our house, but that would mean either not having access to some areas for the winter or opening and closing vents as we move around the house.
My mother-in-law suggested space heaters, but they can be dangerous and we didn’t want to risk the kids getting hurt. We also heard about a product called the EdenPURE heater, but that one has mixed reviews (and is kind of ugly) so we weren’t sure if that one would be a good fit. We just figured that we’d be wearing a lot of sweaters this year. That was when my husband heard about the Heat Surge and we decided to give it a try.
How It Works
The Heat surge is a portable heater that’s built to look like an Amish log-burning fireplace. Instead of logs, however, it contains a special heating element that forces warm air into your home while the unit remains cool to the touch. Even better, the heating unit is housed in a Amish-made mantel that not only looks great, but also serves as a shelf. The Heat Surge just plugs into the wall and heats up a room right away, according to where you’ve set the adjustable thermostat. When you leave the room, just unplug the unit and roll it into another room. Its wheels make it easy to move and, because the unit doesn’t get hot, you can rest it on any surface, even wood floors. It also comes with a remote control so you don’t have to get up every time you want to change the temperature or turn it on and off.
Before purchasing the Heat Surge Amish Heater, we looked up some user-reviews online and they were all pretty favorable. Almost everyone says that compared to the EdenPURE, the Heat Surge is the better option. Not only does it work more effectively, but it has a much nicer appearance due to the Amish style. My husband and I have to agree!
Pros and Cons
Like any device, the Heat Surge has its pros and cons:
- Unlike the EdenPURE or traditional space heaters, the Heat Surge is a beautiful piece of furniture and you even get to choose the wood finish. You won’t need to hide it when you have company over.
- No assembly required. Just wheel it out of the box when it arrives.
- The Heat Surge is totally portable. As you and your family move from room to room, you can take the Heat Surge with you.
- 100% safe for you and your family. The Heat Surge vent is cool to the touch and there are no exposed heating elements that could cause burns or fires.
- Heat Surge is a great investment, as you can use it to take control of your utility bills.
- It only comes in two sizes, neither as tiny as a mini-space heater.
- It requires electricity to work, so you’ll need a generator to operate it during a power outage.
Where to Buy
I bought mine from the official website. Not only did I get a free remote control, but I also was able to try it out for 30 days, virtually risk-free. After that, I was able to pay for my Heat Surge in installments. This was great as it made the Heat Surge a lot more affordable. You may be able to find it in other stores or websites, but none of them offer the same guarantee as the official site and don’t allow you to spread your payments out.
If you want to stay warm this winter without having to pay sky-high heating bills, request a free trial with the Heat Surge. It’s very effective, looks great as a piece of furniture, and comes with a risk-free trial so you have nothing to lose. If you have been debating between the Heat Surge and the EdenPURE, we recommend the Heat Surge all the way.