The iGrow Laser Treatment System is for men and women with thinning hair. It is engineered to promote healthier and thicker hair growth. Thin and unhealthy looking hair is caused by the hair shaft producing smaller hair follicles. The combination of laser and LED light therapy rejuvenates the hair shaft and produces thicker hair follicles. This happens when hair producing cells within the follicles absorb the low level lights and begin to have an increase in cellular activity. When these cells become more active the hair growth effectiveness increases. Read on to find out all of the ins and outs for this treatment and see how it fares in my iGrow reviews conclusion.
How Does iGrow Work?
The iGrow uses low-level light therapy that is a safe and effective method to get healthier hair growth. The iGrow lights are administered via the hair regrowth helmet allowing for a hands-free treatment. The helmet uses lasers and LED’s that work on scientifically calibrated wavelengths to stimulate follicles and make existing, thinning hair thicker and more voluminous. Low-level light therapies are clinically proven methods to help regrow healthy hair.
Simply place the hair therapy helmet on your head, select the setting on the remote that most pertains to you, and begin your treatment. The iGrow features four adjustments for a comfortable fit during treatment, and the earphones also extend and retract to fit most head sizes. Headphones come with an headphone port so you can listen to audiobooks or stream music. Use it for 25 minutes, 3-4 days a week for a 16 week period. After the initial 16 weeks continue to use once a week to maintain results.
- The iGrow helmet is easy to assemble and easy to use.
- The helmet provides full scalp coverage. Designed with 51 light sources you don’t have to worry about trying to focus on treating specific areas. The helmet does all the work for you.
- The hands-free helmet can be conveniently used at home. Watch TV, use the computer, or listen to music through the built in headphones.
- This can be used in conjunction with other hair care treatments like finasteride (Propecia) and/or minoxidil (Rogaine).
- The iGrow laser and LED treatment is FDA cleared. It produces zero heat and cannot burn or injure the skin.
- This can be used after transplant surgery. Doctors have actually found that the low level light therapy can stimulate the healing of wounds and improve transplant results.
- You should see a change in your hair growth appearance within 12 to 16 weeks.
- There are no negative side effects.
- Comes with a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty. All repairs and replacements will be made at no charge to the customer for parts or labor. Customer is responsible for any shipping costs.
- Backed by a 6-month money back guarantee from the date of purchase. Customer is responsible for any shipping costs.
- The helmet is not exactly indiscreet and fashionable. The lights can be distracting to others.
- It’s expensive. But it is a one time cost that is cheaper than hair transplant procedures.
- Cannot be used by individuals with severe hair loss.
- The 6-month money back guarantee excludes 18% for a restocking fee. This comes to around $125.
Where to Purchase iGrow
The iGrow hair system should be purchased through their official website here. Only orders direct from the iGrow manufacturer Apira Science will be eligible for the money back guarantee.
How Does iGrow Perform
For three months I’ve been using the iGrow Hair Rejuvenation System, and I’ve been pleased with the results thus far. Using the helmet is a little odd looking but the pros outweigh the cons. It’s easy to use and it fit into my busy schedule. I can still get my work done using the computer while undergoing my treatments! The trick is to get into a routine. I use my iGrow just about every other day for roughly 20-25 minutes. Usually I just put it on when I’m watching TV in the morning. I do tend to use it when I’m by myself because the lights can be distracting to other people. The thin spot on the crown of my head is noticeably fuller even though I’ve only had about 12 weeks of treatment, but to be fair I do use Rogaine in conjunction with the laser hair growth therapy. My hair is definitely thicker than when I first started and that’s worth it to me.