One day I visited a friend and she served us these amazing little chicken pot pies. They were hot and fresh and just the right size and I asked my friend where she got them. Proudly, she showed me her My Lil’ Pie Maker and explained that she used it to make the pies herself. When I got home I went online and ordered a set for myself. I now bake fresh mini-pies and quiches several days a week!
How It Works
My Lil’ Pie Maker is made from silicone and one pie maker has four small molds, so you can bake four mini pies at the same time. Silicone is a flexible, non-stick material that holds its shape even when put in a hot oven. After making the pie crust and rolling it out, I use the bonus pie cutters (see “Where To Buy” below for information on getting the cutters free) to cut out the top and bottom crusts.
I place the bottom crusts in the My Lil’ Pie Maker molds and then add whatever fillings I plan to use. I put the top crusts on and then bake. After I take them out of the oven, I use the special bonus spatula to lift the pies right out of the molds. I let them cool a bit, and they are ready to eat!
My Lil’ Pie Maker is also small enough to work in both my toaster oven and regular oven, so I have a choice about how and where I bake the pies.
Advantages and Disadvantages
My Lil’ Pie Maker has so many advantages over regular pie pans or electric mini-pie bakers, that I could take up this whole page listing them. But here are few:
- The silicone molds are non-stick, eliminating the need for spraying or greasing pans.
- The small size of the pies allows them to bake quickly. You could have fresh-baked pie, quiche or tart in as little as 10 minutes!
- My Lil’ Pie Maker pies are just enough for a single serving. You won’t waste ingredients by making a pie or quiche that is too large for you and your family. Plus, if you are trying to lose weight, these pie molds are great for portion control.
- Unlike electric mini-pie makers, the My Lil’ Pie Maker won’t use up electricity and doesn’t take up a lot of room.
Of course, there are some disadvantages to using My Lil’ Pie Maker as well:
- The molds only come in one size, so you don’t have any flexibility in making larger or tinier treats.
- They only come in one color, red.
Where to Buy Them
I bought mine from the official website and I suggest you do the same. Because I got them from the source, I was entitled to all kinds of free bonuses like pie cutters, spatulas and even a recipe book. I was also able to double my order for the cost of shipping only.
If you enjoy fresh-baked pies, tarts and quiches, My Lil’ Pie Maker is a no-brainer. You’ll save money by being able to easily and quickly bake your own, plus you’ll be able to control the ingredients that go in the pies you eat (great if you are on a diet or have allergies). Give it a try and see if you don’t prefer the silicone mold over traditional baking pans.