For many years I kept a bunch of flashlights in a drawer in my kitchen in case of a power outage. The trouble was that the flashlights were good for shooting a narrow beam of light, but they didn’t do a very good job of lighting up a whole room. Another problem was that the batteries would often go dead; Unfortunately, the only time I’d realize this is when I really needed a flashlight and couldn’t get it to turn on.
I was complaining about our flashlight problem to a neighbor when she told me about the Olde Brooklyn Lantern. She showed me her lantern, which was good-looking and never needed batteries. I ordered a few for my family, and we’ve never used a flashlight since!
If you’re looking for the best deal on the Olde Brooklyn Lantern, Click Here to be taken there.
How It Works
Inside the Olde Brooklyn Lantern’s shatterproof core are 12 LED lights. These lights shine just as soon as you turn on the lantern’s switch. You can also adjust the intensity of the light to suit your needs, making the lantern perfect for both emergency and non-emergency needs.
Unlike flashlights, the Olde Brooklyn Lantern stands on its own, so you can keep your hands free when the lantern is in use.
You won’t need to replace bulbs or batteries, and there is no risk of burns or getting cut on broken glass. When you don’t need illumination, just turn the lantern off and store it until the next time you need light.
Here is the actual commercial if you haven’t seen it yet. It gives a more visual example of how the Lantern works:
Advantages and Disadvantages
There are a ton of advantages to using the Olde Brooklyn Lantern:
- The Old Brooklyn Lantern is shatterproof, has no open flame and doesn’t require dangerous, flammable chemicals. You, your family and your home/campsite are perfectly safe when using the lantern.
- The glow of one of these lanterns is much more powerful than that from a flashlight or candle.
- Use the dimmer switch to adjust its illumination.
- The attractive design lets you incorporate it into your indoor or outdoor home decor. If the power suddenly goes out, you won’t have to try and remember which drawer you put a flashlight in. Just turn on the lantern and you’ll be set.
- You get 100,000 hours of light from one lantern. You won’t have to worry about batteries going dead or lightbulbs burning out!
As with everything, there are a few disadvantages to the Olde Brooklyn Lantern as well:
- The lantern only comes in one color, so if it doesn’t fit in with the way you decorate your home, you’ll have to store it in a convenient place.
- It only comes in one size, so you can’t get bigger or smaller lanterns for use in different spaces.
How To Order
As far as I know, you can’t get the Olde Brooklyn Lantern in stores. The only place I have seen them for sale online is from the official website. Plus, when you order from the website, you can get a money-guarantee as well as an additional lantern free of charge. You’ll only have to pay for the extra postage to get the bonus lantern. It’s a pretty good deal in my opinion.
Even if you are the sort who prefers candles for lighting up a room, having a couple of Olde Brooklyn Lanterns on hand is a safe way to protect your family if there is ever a power outage. They are portable, sturdy and don’t pose a fire hazard. They also make for great decorations around Halloween and other holidays. I really enjoy having mine and I think you will too.